Discussions within the industry over the past two years have shown that the glass industry is on the move and must face up to global challenges in order to remain sustainably marketable in the future.
Present your know-how at the glasstec conference:
Climate protection – How can the glass industry reduce emissions? Which legal requirements must we prepare for? What improved energy concepts are there?
Resources efficiency – What measures must be taken to make optimum use of the resources (skilled) personnel, materials and energy?
Urbanisation – How can products made of glass help cover the construction, communication and mobility needs of a growing population in metropolitan areas?
Value creation – What changes does the glass industry need as it moves from a purely profit to a people-orientation and ultimately to sustainable and resilient value creation?
Wellbeing – Which contribution can glass products make to improving the quality of life in terms of safety, comfort, daylight and overall wellbeing?
Focus topics of the glasstec conference 2022 in consideration of the five essential global challenges
Glass processing and finishing
- Thin glasses
- Solar glasses (incl. solar thermal and solar power plants)
- Electronic functions in the glass
- Detection of nickel sulfite inclusions
Glass production 1
- Decarbonization – new energy systems / conversion to renewable energy sources
Glass products and applications
- Circularity, Recycling, Wellbeing
- Automotive / Technical Glasses (Electronics)
Glass production 2
- CO2 neutral raw materials
- Glass recycling for hollow and flat glass for increasing the cullet content.
Dealing with these fields of action affects all areas of the glass world: glass production, glass processing and finishing, and glass products and applications. That is why we are again calling on you as an exhibitor at glasstec 2022 to contribute a speech to the central discussion: How can glass make a sustainable contribution to mastering these future challenges?
Does your company already engage in these areas? How is your company preparing for the future situation or what products are aimed at solving these challenges and expectations? At the glasstec conference with its open lecture floor, you have the opportunity to present your solutions and developments.
Send us your proposal if your contribution addresses at least two of the above challenges. A jury of experts will select the most exciting and innovative contributions.
Deadline is 31.03.2022
Terms of participation
- Participation is only possible for exhibitors of glasstec 2022. Non-exhibitors can apply as long as they have no commercial interests.
- The contribution must address at least two of the five challenges mentioned. Contributions on the above-mentioned main topics will be given priority.
- Submission of an entry does not guarantee acceptance of the entry. Messe Düsseldorf reserves the right to select the relevant presentations with the support of a jury of experts.
- The contribution must be a technical presentation and may not be used for product promotion.
News courtesy of glasstec